|The mission of the Dover Free Public Library is to educate, inform, enlighten, enrich, and entertain. We are committed to:
- Providing all patrons with free and equal access to information in a variety of formats;
- Fostering lifelong learning, personal enrichment, and a literate society;
- Stimulating and encouraging interest in reading and learning among youth;
- Communicating and cooperating with area schools to aid students in developing research skills;
- Supporting and defending the principles of intellectual freedom, the Library Bill of Rights, and the Freedom to Read Statement.
The Library's overall vision is to remain a living and active contributor to contemporary Dover. The Library mirrors the past and present interests and needs of the community it serves.